Seeking a driven and motivated engineer to join our sales team, focusing on growing business with existing customers and developing new business.
Blue Ridge Optics is a designer, manufacturer, and supplier of precision thin film coatings and advanced optics for laser applications. We serve industries including Aerospace, Commercial & Industrial, Medical & Life Sciences, Military & Defense, Research & Development. Our company is located in Bedford, VA, and we offer flexibility for remote work.
This is a full-time, hybrid role for a Sales Engineer. The Sales Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to sales staff and customers, communicating with customers to understand their needs and recommend suitable products, and driving sales growth through strong customer service. This role will be based in Bedford, VA, with some remote work flexibility.
- 5 Years Sales Experience (Combination of Inside and Outside Preferred)
- 4 Year Technical Degree
- 5 Years Experience in Technical or Related Field (Photonics Experience a Plus)
- Ability to travel as needed and ability to work at Tradeshow Exhibitions & Conferences.
Generate and Provide Quotations
- Respond to RFQ’s, Generate Costing, Provide and Follow-up on Quotations
- Manage and Organize Quotations Using CRM (Pipedrive)
- Organize and Maintain CRM (Pipedrive) Data; Keep Forecasting Up-to-Date
Customer Account Management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Onsite Visits to Current Customers as Needed
- Communicate and Solicit New Sales Opportunities from Current Customers
Prospect and Develop New Sales
- Identify and develop new business opportunities for the company’s products and services.
- Work With Management in Generating Sales Leads VIA Marketing Channels, Prospect Lists and Referrals
- Execute Sales & Prospecting Activities (Emails, Cold Calls, Onsite Visits)
- Meet KPI’s Related to Prospecting, Engagement, Quotations and Bookings
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, market conditions, and competitor activities.
- Provide Monthly Sales Report
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for sales and engineering, we invite you to join our team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our company by driving sales and building strong relationships with clients. We offer competitive compensation, a supportive work environment, and opportunities for professional development. Apply now to be part of our dynamic team!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Bedford, VA 24523